Are you planning to shift your office space to another place? There are some important things you need to keep in mind before relocating your office. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind before taking any decision.
- Arrange meetings and discussions with managers and some of the key employees about the office expansion and note down their reviews and ideas. You can also take up surveys from your employees, or have a contest to see who gives the best idea for improving the use of floor space.
- Take the help of a professional architect or a planner in calculating and redesigning a new office space. You can also consult your business associates, colleagues and friends for suggestions. Narrow down your list to a handful and then select the one which is feasible for you. Do not pressurize and make any quick decisions.
- Keep the future of your company as a factor while making any expansion. Do not squeeze in new facility and innovations that does not consent for expansion in the future. You will never know when you might require more space for your business growth.
- Plan your office space according to your requirement. Some business is all about interaction and communication with clients and other companies such as investment firms, insurance companies, and advertising agencies and so on. They tend to use more open floor space.
- Be very careful about the electrical capacity and electrical system of the building. If your business makes use of many computer equipment and other office machineries then make sure there are adequate electrical vents and sufficient electrical capacity to serve every need. Be particularly careful if you are moving into an older building.
- If your business uses large and heavy equipment or has a huge library then make sure the floor is capable of bearing the weight. A standard office building floor load capacity is about 50-75 pounds for every square foot, but for a sizeable library it may need twice the weight bearing capacity.
There may be many reasons why an entrepreneur is trying to relocate his/her company. It may be because he/she is trying to give a new look or a new image to the company; or maybe to expand the company by adding new employees and innovations; or even maybe he/she is trying to save money from some unwanted expenses. Be it any reason, one must always keep these above tips in mind before taking any decision.